Grand Cayman is one of the most popular Caribbean ports. There are few Western Caribbean itineraries that don’t call on the island. As is the case with most cruises, the stop does not allow enough time to see everything there is to see, and to really experience the island.
A lot of the activities in Grand Cayman revolve around its Seven Mile Beach (which is actually 5 and half miles long) and the sea surrounding the island. Perhaps the island’s most famous attraction is Stingray City, where children and adults jump into waist high water and feed the very friendly stingrays.
The island offers many more more activities, both on land and in the sea. In addition to Stingray City, the Caymans are world renowned for the snorkeling and scuba diving it offers along the shore. For those who prefer to keep their feet dry, there are many possibilities as well:
- Play (and learn about) sea turtles at Boatswain’s Beach
- Visit the Pedro St. James Historic Site
- Stroll around Georgetown (and perhaps do some shopping), the island’s capital, and visit its craft market. The Cayman Islands are duty free, so bargains on many things can be found.
- Go to Hell (yes, to Hell) and send a postcard back home from there. Learn about why it’s called that while you’re there
- Go birdwatching in one of the 7 protected bird sanctuaries, including the Q.E. II Botanical Park, or hiking along Mastic Trail, and look for the native wildlife and different varieties of trees and plants.
To make it easier on the wallet to visit Grand Cayman, some hotels are offering up to $100 in resort credit per night. All you have to do is show your airline boarding pass when you check in, and you will be able to use your credit towards food, drinks, activities, etc. The hotels offering this promotion include the Ritz Carlton, perhaps the best hotel on the island, but there are at least 7 more options to choose from. Some restrictions, including minimum stay requirements, apply, so contact me for details and to book this promotion. By the way, it is valid only until March 14th for travel until the end of April.
So go warm yourself up in Grand Cayman!
Regards,Enrique Brener KC Travel N. Miami Beach, FL www.kctravel.jurni.net firstname.lastname@example.org 305-792-0618 FL Seller of Travel Reg. TI-35171